Tuesday 5 February 2008

Humility begins at gnome...

And what of Mr Gnome's intentions for Lent?

In a brief statement issued today, Mr G outlined his plans for the coming season.

I am painfully aware of how lacking I am when it comes to humility. I have not abased myself. I'm a stranger to self-deprecation. I tend to toot my trumpet a tiny bit too much. In short, I'm a teensy-weensy bit self-regarding.

Woe is me! But I can change.

Humility here I come. Sackcloth, ashes, wailing and only minimal amounts of chocolate - bring them on!

No one is going to be more humble than me. If humility was a Nobel category, I'd be booking my ticket for Stockholm.

You think you're humble? Forget it. I'm the visible, earthly personification of meekness.

I am the humble one. Gold Medal to Mr G! Hurrah.

Lent? Sorted!
Well, hurrah for the Gnome. Er, purposeful as ever.

No comments: