Wednesday 4 June 2008

Devoted

The spectrum of music inspired by the Christian gospel is, praise the Lord, of infinite variety.

At one end are, I guess, Handel's Messiah, Bach's St Matthew Passion and Gregorian chant.

And at the other....?

Well, never having heard the musical content of this album, I can't judge this arresting contribution from Uncle Les and Aunt Nancy, not to mention the elegantly dressed Randy.

But the cover art is, I feel, truly, truly special and, in its way, rather glorious.

And I'm certain that, out there somewhere, are middle-aged people with reason to be grateful to Les, Nancy and wee Randy.

And, en passant, a prophecy: I predict that within five years Nancy's upswept specs will once again be the height of chic....

Thanks to Brett for bringing this to my attention.

No comments: